What is the Wyngate Elementary School Education Foundation (WESEF)?
Established in 2011, the Wyngate Elementary School Education Foundation (“WESEF”) enriches the educational experience of our children by raising funds to elevate multi-year initiatives, technology needs, and other support for teachers and students.
Some of the projects the Foundation has supported include:
- Building a dedicated MakerSpace
- Supporting cost of our teacher’s professional development by KidMuseum
- Providing students with flexible seating options in their classrooms
- Providing students with books in support of the One Author/One School event
Who manages the Foundation?
The board, which is made up of Wyngate parents, works with the school’s administration to help turn bold ideas into reality. Current priorities include supporting STEM-based learning initiatives (e.g., the MakerSpace) and fostering an inclusive learning environment (e.g., flexible seating options for the kids).
How can I help?
- Make a tax deductible donation
- Via PayPal using the email address [email protected]
- Via check made out to “WESEF” and dropped off at the school office
- Link your purchases on Amazon to WESEF or the Wyngate PTA via Amazon Smile.
- Consider joining the board. If you are interested, please send an email to [email protected]
Sounds great, but I don’t have much time. We understand – we are all busy parents.
Time commitments are pretty minimal:
- a monthly 60-90 min board meeting
- three meetings/school year with Mr. Wiebe
- one to two additional hours of work per month
- ideally, a two to three year time commitment
I’ve never been on a board and I am not a fundraiser. No worries.
No prior board experience needed, and all professional backgrounds are welcome. As for fundraising, as a 501(c)(3), WESEF relies on the generosity of the school community via tax-deductible donations.
How can I learn more?
Reach out to any of the current WESEF board members:
Arshad Merchant: President [email protected]
Vanita Bhargava: Vice President / PTA Liaison [email protected]
Kyoko Kelly: STEM Program Lead [email protected]
Margot Khoo: Treasurer / Communications Lead [email protected]
or send an email to [email protected].